Smoke at Zanesville Goodwill

Smoke at Zanesville Goodwill

by Emily Baird on March 15, 2010

Goodwill Industries International Incorporated in Zanesville is functioning normally after quite a scare this afternoon.

The Zanesville Fire Department says it received a report of smoke inside the building around 1:30 p.m. but when crews arrived, they say they didn’t see a fire.

"We got here and found it was an overheated light, a fluorescent light. There was no fire, no damage, and no injuries, " says Assistant Fire Chief, Bruce Burley.

Customers and staff did evacuate the building for about 15 minutes before getting the clear to go back inside.

Burley says an electrician will need to be called in to fix the light.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *