BURNED AMISH CHILD

POSTED BY: News Department
Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 10:46 AM
1 / 1

A young Amish child is fighting for her life tonight after she was seriously burned in a freak accident. The Muskingum County Sheriff’s Department says that 13-month old Ella Miller of Edgemoor Road was hurt Sunday night around 6:30. Investigators say the family is Amish and has no electricity. The source of lighting is lamps and lanterns with lamp fuel. The Sheriff’s Office say vapor fuel accumulated around the child and at the same time a pilot light from a propane refrigerator ignited causing her to catch on fire. The child is currently at Children’s Hospital in Columbus. She is listed in poor condition at the intensive care unit. She suffered first, second, and third degree burns.

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: