Dresden Fire

POSTED BY: News Department
Monday, July 9, 2001 - 01:40 PM
1 / 1

Thanks to neighbors and a new piece of fire equipment, a Dresden family is safe after their house caught fire last night. At about 7 last night, neighbors who were walking down Chestnut Street noticed smoke coming out of the home of Debra Adams and John Black. Adams and Black, who were home with her two children, didn’t know their house was on fire, until neighbors notified them—everyone made it out of the home safely. The Fire Chief said neighbors and a heat imaging device used by the department, kept damage to a minimum, mostly affecting ceilings and the attic. The device allowed the department to quickly find the fire and help the firefighters determine where to open the roof or the walls. According to the fire department, an electrical short in the attic started the fire. The Muskingum Valley Chapter of the Red Cross is helping the family. The Red Cross said the family did not have renter’s insurance.

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: