Fire Destroys Home

POSTED BY: George Hiotis
Friday, August 31, 2001 - 07:39 AM
1 / 1

An investigation continues today after a house caught fire early this morning on 90 Parkwood in South Zanesville. The blaze destroyed almost the entire interior of the house and badly charred the roof. The South Zanesville and Newton fire departments responded to the call that came in around 8:30 am. Firefighters who came to the scene claimed that they could see the flames from the station a half mile away. A neighbor who lives two houses up the street from the residence that was destroyed, heard the explosion. Fortunately noone was in the house when it caught fire. Apparently the woman who owned the home was gone for the day and fire crew stated that there were no animals inside either. The power company was also on the scene to repair a power line that was knocked off the house, which in turn tripped the breaker. There are no definite conclusions as to what exactly started the fire, but some believe that it was caused by power cords. There are many ways to prevent a fire in your home, but some of the most common causes are often overlooked. Firefighters encourage homeowners to watch that power cords do not get tangled up and to make sure that the power in the home is up-to-date.

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: