Smoke Detectors Save More Lives Locally

POSTED BY: News Department
Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 01:30 PM
1 / 1

They have their lives to be thankful for after a fire ripped through a local family’s home Monday afternoon. All six members of the Leiby family made it out safely, and are currently being assisted by the Muskingum Valley Red Cross who responded immediately. After hearing of the many fires locally, the family recently purchased smoke detectors, which essentially saved their lives. One of the Leiby children wasn’t at home when the blaze broke out but says he knew immediately that something was wrong, and rushed home to find firemen battling the smoke and flames. Fire officials have confirmed that the fire was electrical and began in the boy’s bedroom on the second floor. The Red Cross is continuing to accept donations from the community for the Leiby family. If you would like to contribute, call the Red Cross at 452-2731.

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: