A Tuesday night fire could have destroyed more than a home -- it could have destroyed a family. While a Perry County family was away, celebrating an early Thanksgiving, their home caught fire and fire officials think the blaze could be traced back to an electric heater. Firefighters say any type of space heater can be used for long amounts of time -- if used properly. If operating directions are followed, most heating appliances should be safe. But, risking improper use of heaters could be the difference between life and death. That's why firefighters encourage people to constantly monitor any heat source inside homes and to periodically check electrical appliances for any malfunctions. An ounce of fire prevention can go a long way.