Avondale Fire Destroys Home

POSTED BY: News Department
Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 09:24 PM
1 / 1

For the second straight day a local family loses its home to fire. The trailer of Benjamin and Celina Mangold at 3660 Washington Street in Avondale caught fire around 1:00 Tuesday afternoon. A total of six people were inside the trailer at the time of the fire but everyone escaped without injury. According to the Newton Township Fire Department, the fire started in the back room of the trailer. "It eventually spread throughout the trailer and caught the next building on fire," Josh Bryan from the department said. MCFIT and the Perry County Arson Task Force were called to the scene to aid in the investigation...however arson has been ruled out as a possible cause of the blaze. The fire remains under investigation. The Roseville, South Zanesville and Newton Township Fire Departments combined efforts to combat the blaze. The fire was contained in an hour. One fire fighter was transported to the hospital with smoke inhalation. He was released Tuesday evening. The Red Cross is aiding the family with food, clothing and temporary shelter.

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: