Fire Destroys Muskingum County Home

POSTED BY: George Hiotis
Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 05:14 PM
1 / 1

An early morning fire has left a Muskingum county family homeless. It happened around 2:00 a.m. at 3525 Churchill Road. The Muskingum Valley Red Cross says the fire started from a kerosene heater in the hall outside a bedroom in the mobile home. The home belongs to Chevelle Williams, Joe Tetak and a two-year old child. Tetak told authorities he somehow woke up and was able to get the others out of the mobile home safely. The family dog died in the blaze. Adamsville, Washington and Perry township fire departments were called to the scene. The Red Cross is helping with groceries, clothing and items for the baby.

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: