A Zanesville family is homeless after an early morning fire on Saturday.
It happened just after 3 a.m. at 811 Curtis Street.
Zanesville Assistant Fire Chief, Dave Huey, says no one was home at the time of the incident. He says the owner, Darren Edwards, and his sister were out of town, visiting family, when the incident occurred.
Huey says damage to the home is estimated at more than 30 thousand dollars.
Muskingum Valley Red Cross Executive Director, Dan Hartman, says the organization is assisting the family and has put Edwards and his sister in a motel for a few days.
Hartman says both individuals have insurance, and it is likely the home will be totaled.
The case of the fire is still under investigation.