A Dresden family is facing about fourth thousand dollars in damage to their home after an evening fire, but Dresden Fire Chief, Carl Archer, says the home is not a total loss.
"We found that the fire had started near the basement area and extended up the south wall of the house, " says Archer.
It happened around 5:15 p.m. at 4500 Dewey Street.
Archer says there was heavy smoke to the home when crews arrived.
The owner, his wife, and his five dogs were not home at the time of the fire.
A neighbor, 11-year-old, Tate Berry, was working on a remodeling project with his dad across the street. He was the one who notified his dad about the fire and had him call 911.
"I came out here, and I was hearing a noise every time I came out here. Then I looked over, and I didn't see anything. Then, one time, I looked over, and I think it's called the electrical box. I saw that flash and then the roof was smoking, " says Tate.
The exact cause of the fire has yet to be determined.