Fire Causes Significant Damage to Garage

POSTED BY: Emily Baird
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 09:28 PM
1 / 1

The Newton Township Fire Department is ruling a Zanesville fire accidental.

It happened around 7:30 p.m. at 3060 Stine Road.

Lt. Jeremy Yarger says the homeowner was welding in the garage and some of the sparks caught the insulation on fire.

Yarger says area fire departments were able to put out the fire fairly quickly but the blaze still cased significant damage to the garage.

The fire did not spread to the home.


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: