Newark Apartment Catches Fire

POSTED BY: Emily Baird
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 04:54 PM

The Newark Fire Department says a fire that occurred at an apartment complex last night is accidental.

It happened around 11 p.m. on Weiant Avenue.

Captain Greg Keefe says the fire started when the occupant, Hailey Tribble, left cooking utensils in her oven, which caught fire.

When crews arrived, they found fire coming from the door of the apartment.

Keefe says the blaze caused about 20 thousand dollars in damages and the apartment is no longer liveable. He says the apartments on both sides did not not suffer fire damage but did see some water damage.


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZscores      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: