Fire Destroys Apartment

POSTED BY: Kelly Mills
Friday, November 5, 2010 - 05:38 PM
1 / 5

A Zanesville family is homeless following an afternoon fire at an apartment complex.

It happened around 4:45, at 1112 Ridge Avenue just behind the Barnett's Fellowship Thrift Store. According to Zanesville Assistant Fire Chief Dave Huey the fire appears to have began in the kitchen area of apartment number five.

Huey says the apartment and its contents were destroyed. The homeowners were not home when the fire broke out.

Other apartments do not appear to have damage at this time, but the situation is still being assessed. The Red Cross has been called in to assist those affected.


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: