Candle Severely Burns Local Woman

POSTED BY: Leah Kirstein
Tuesday, February 8, 2011 - 09:08 PM
My Mom is on Fire

A candle leaves a Zanesville woman with second and third degree burns. 

"My mom is on fire" is the call that dispatched Zanesville Fire Department to 996 Greenwood Avenue around 7 p.m. on Tuesday night. 

"We had a lady that had a candle lit, burning in her bedroom and accidentally leaned over it with a night gown on and caught her night gown on fire," said Eric Waltemire,  Zanesville Fire Department. 

Firefighters did not have to put out the fire and there was no damage to the structure.

"Basically we ensure that the fire was out and we attended to the victim until the ambulance got here and then assisted in the transport," said Waltemire.

Officials say the victim will most likely spend the night at the hospital.

 


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: