Fire Damages Eastman Street Home

POSTED BY: Nichole Hannahs
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 12:20 PM
Eastman Street Fire

A fire broke out at a home on Eastman Street, Tuesday morning.

Zanesville Fire Chief Craig Stemm said that they reached the scene at 7:30a.m. The fire appears to have begun in the attic and may be related to an electrical problem. Chief Stemm said it can be common to see fires in this location.

"it can happen especially if you have electrical problems or having problems with your heating system," said Chief Stemm.

While those living at the home were able to get out safely. Chief Stemm said the attic had cellulose insulation, which added to the problem.

"It's fire retardant but once you have a fire and it catches it doesn't really support flames much but it will smolder for hours," said Chief Stemm.

Firefighters were able to safely retrieve some personal items not damaged during the fire. Chief Stemm said his fire investigators will look into the fire Monday.


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: