Zanesville City Hall Evacuated After Gas Smell

POSTED BY: WHIZ Reporter
Monday, February 27, 2012 - 01:51 PM

Zanesville City Hall was evacuated briefly around noon, after a report of a natural gas smell.  City employees waited outside while the Zanesville Fire Department investigated.  Market Street between 4th and 5th Street was shut down while fire crews investigated.  Zanesville City Treasurer Paul DuBeck said that two nearby banks were evacuated as well.  Kevin Thomas of the Zanesville Fire Department said that the gas smell was nothing of concern, and that it posed no threat.  Family Health Services closed as a result of the gas smell. City officials and employees were given the all clear to return to work around 12:30 p.m.


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: