Wal-Mart Fire Result of Teenage Prank

POSTED BY: WHIZ Reporter
Monday, August 20, 2012 - 10:31 PM
Wal-Mart Fire Result of Teenage Prank

A fire broke out Monday evening at the Wal-Mart on Maple Avenue in Zanesville.

Wal-Mart Spokeswoman Dianna Gee said the fire was the result of a teenage prank.

According to Gee, a quick responding customer saw the fire and immediately put it out using a fire extinguisher.

Gee said the fire posed no threat to Wal-Mart customers and there was no need to evacuate the store.

The Zanesville Fire Department responded to the call just before 8 p.m. Monday.

Firefighters used industrial fans to remove smoke from the building.

Assistant Chief Kevin Thomas said the small fire that started in the Men's Department caused damage to socks, underwear and the shelving used to display the garments.

Store surveillance cameras were rolling during the incident and Gee said the footage has been turned over to Zanesville Police who are completing their investigation.


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: