House Deemed Total Loss Following Fire

POSTED BY: WHIZ Reporter
Monday, October 8, 2012 - 05:06 PM
House Deemed Total Loss Following Fire

The Zanesville Fire Department is releasing more information from a weekend fire that destroyed a home.

Fire fighters were called to 640 Cliffwood Avenue just after 3 o'clock Sunday afternoon.

Assistant Fire Chief Eric Waltermire said when crews arrived, flames were shooting out of the house.

A guest of the homeowner was asleep on the couch when the blaze started. He escaped without injury.

A vehicle parked in the driveway also sustained heavy damage from the fire.

Waltermire said the fire was determined to be an accident and started next to a space heater.

The homeowner told fire investigators that there was no insurance on the house or any of its contents. The Red Cross was called in to assist the homeowner.

Damages are estimated to be around 35-thousand dollars.


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: