Man Charged in Monday Night Shooting

POSTED BY: Courtney Wheaton
Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 04:41 PM

A Zanesville man has been charged in connection with a drive by shooting that happened earlier this week.

23 year old, Mark Smart of Keen Street is accused of shooting into a crowd of five people at a home on Jackson Street, Monday night. Police say a male was struck in the chest by one of the bullets.

"This morning charges were officially charged on Mark Smart, he was charged with five counts of felonious assault with gun specification, " Said Zanesville Police Department Captain, Tony Coury.

The Zanesville Police Department says that the incident may have resulted after an altercation the night before.

" It appears that there was an incident on Sunday involving Mr.Smart's sister, and evidently Mark Smart wanted retaliation for that incident and was trying to seek out different individuals in that area," said Coury.

Coury says that he could face at least five years in prison, one year for each person in the crowd.Smart's bond has been set at $ 200,000.
 


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: