Victim Speaks on Frazeysburg Mobile Home Fire

POSTED BY: Courtney Wheaton
Thursday, December 12, 2013 - 10:57 PM

A family is unharmed after a fire erupts inside a mobile home in Frazeysburg this afternoon.

According to Jessica Spellman, a resident of the home on N.Canal Rd. at approximately 3 p.m. Spellman saw an orange glow coming from behind the dryer, once she pulled the dryer away from the wall she saw sparks and shortly after she witnessed flames. After making sure her three children were safe and notifying her mother who also lives in the home, Spellman says she called the Frazeysburg Fire Department to put out the fire.

According to Spellman the fire left the house severely damaged by smoke and although the fire department was able to put it out and retrieve the children's Christmas presents she says that several electronics were melted and toys were damaged. Spellman says the house is completely ruined and that the family will talk to the insurance company in the near future. She is thankful to be alive and happy that no one was injured. The Red Cross is helping the family with the recovery process.

 


For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZscores      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: