Stories tagged with: Crooksville Fire Department

December 26, 2013 - 10:34pm
17 weeks 4 hours ago

A fire broke out early Thursday evening in Crooksville.

The Crooksville Fire Department was the first crew to respond to the blaze at 155 McKeever St. at around 7 p.m. According to Crooksville Fire Chief, Ralph Hill, upon arrival the rear room and a portion of the upstairs of the three apartment duplex was heavily engulfed in flames.

It is unknown how many occupants were in the complex at the time of the fire, but Hill says everyone made it out safely and there were no injuries...

July 26, 2013 - 4:31am
38 weeks 6 days ago

Several fire departments battle a blaze at a Crooksville refractory.

Crooksville Fire Department Lt. Mark Dalrymple said that the fire at the Cesco Plant Refractory on Maple Avenue began just after 4 a.m. Friday.

Lt. Dalrymple said that crews got the roof vented and they had to let the kiln burn down because it was around 4,000 degrees when they arrived on the scene.

He said it's still burning now and will take a couple days before it's all out.

The only damage to the...

July 9, 2013 - 6:41pm
41 weeks 2 days ago

Four men seeking a thrill ride Tuesday afternoon on the Moxahala Creek in Crooksville are lucky to be alive and well after a near drowning experience.

The men, who range in ages from 16 to 30, started out in two canoes near Crooksville High School and were riding the flooded creek, when both canoes flipped behind Blackers Pharmacy in downtown Crooksville. Three managed to get out of the water but the forth clung onto the canoe, underneath the Main Street Bridge, and floated right by...

October 27, 2011 - 9:27pm
2 years 25 weeks ago

Dispatchers with the Perry County Sheriff's Office say a child was pulled from a creek behind the Crooksville Fire Department around 7 p.m. Thursday night.

They say the child was taken to the hospital, but had no other details to release.

The incident happened just as trick-or-treating was ending in the Village.

December 14, 2010 - 7:16pm
3 years 18 weeks ago

Firefighters are able to save Christmas for a Roseville family, after a fire broke out in their home.

The fire started around 3:45 PM at 195 Main Street. Captain Bryan Stickel of the Roseville Fire Department says the blaze started in the first floor bedroom causing extensive damage.  The family, consisting of two adults and one child, was displaced and  is being assisted by the Red Cross. No one was home at the time of the fire.

Along...

January 12, 2010 - 7:41pm
4 years 14 weeks ago

An explosion Tuesday afternoon in Crooksville severely damages a home.

Fire crews were called to 2029 Tatmans Road around 4 o'clock.

"Upon arrival we did have smoke showing coming out of the house. Upon arrival we found out there was an explosion out of the basement," says Ralph Hill, asst. Crooksville Fire Chief.

Hill says the explosion is believed to be caused by propane used for heat.

The Muskingum Valley Red Cross says 66-year-old Barbara Miller and...

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZscores      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: