Newark Police say one man is dead after an early morning fire. It happened around 5:00 this morning at 425 Mt. Vernon Road. Sergeant Scott Snow says after fire fighters extinguished the fire a male body was discovered inside the apartment where the fire originated. Snow says there is no formal identification of the victim, but detectives are working to find out who it is and notify his family. The fire appears to be accidental and there does not appear to be any criminal involvement in...
The Zanesville Fire Department is calling two early morning, vacant garage fires arson.
Crews responded to a structure fire in the 400 block of Schaum Avenue around two a.m. where they found an intense fire. Fire Chief, Dave Lacy, says firefighters were able to get the blaze under control within a half hour. The structure is a total loss, and the heat of the fire also caused some collateral damage to three surrounding buildings.
Lacy says when crews began to investigate that fire...
The Zanesville Fire Department confirms the fire that occurred at 1449 Crown Street Saturday evening is arson.
Fire Chief, Dave Lacy, says the department's investigative team was able to find the source of the fire. It started in a room on the second story. Lacy says a pile of trash on the floor was ignited. The fire caused minimal damage to the inside of the vacant home.
There was an initial report that ZPD was looking for three white males, who were seen near the structure at...
Fire Chief, Dave Lacy, says his department is also dealing with a suspicious fire that took place early this morning at 1718 Ridge Avenue.
Crews were called to the vacant home just before two a.m. and found flames shooting out the front porch. Firefighters were able to tame the fire within a half hour, but it did cause extensive damage to the structure.
"We can't determine if there was anything, any relationship between the two of them, but there is that possibility, "...
A Zanesville family is homeless after a morning fire.
It happened at 152 Beulah Avenue around 11 a.m.
The Zanesville Fire Department says the blaze appears to have started in the kitchen and caused major damage to the home.
The Muskingum Valley Red Cross is providing aide to the seven people living at the residence. They will be staying with family and friends. It says the homeowners, Timothy and Donna Dusenberry, do not have insurance.