Stories tagged with: Fire

June 21, 2010 - 12:27pm
4 years 3 weeks ago


A fire at home on Echo Avenue could have been a lot worse than it turned out to be.

The Zanesville Fire Department responded to 510 Echo Avenue around 9 Monday morning. Fire Chief Dave Lacy said when crews arrived there was a mattress on fire in the upstairs bedroom.

"It was a child's mattress and the occupants had got some water out of the bathroom and threw on that. It was essentially out. We did have to clear a lot of smoke out of the upstairs of the house,...

June 14, 2010 - 6:28pm
4 years 4 weeks ago

A pick-up truck was fully engulfed in flames on West Main Street just outside Znesville.


The truck caught fire around 5:00pm outside of CK Core when a worker attempted to start the truck. Falls Township Fire Department was on the scene to put out the flames. The truck was destroyed.

June 7, 2010 - 6:04pm
4 years 5 weeks ago

The Newton Township Fire Department is calling a weekend trailer fire at 10246 Wesley Chapel Road suspicious.

The structure was used specifically for storage.

Fire Chief Allen Deaver says the owners are claiming they haven't been to the trailer in over six months. He also says the structure didn't have any gas or electric hooked up to it.

It's considered a total loss.

The incident remains under investigation.

June 7, 2010 - 8:40am
4 years 5 weeks ago

Firefighters battle a blaze on Linden Avenue.

The fire at 2855 Linden Avenue near Kirkbride Marine broke out around 8:15 Monday morning.

Crews say that the home is a one store wood structure. Falls Township and National Trails Fire Departments are on the scene.

We'll bring you more details as they become available.

June 7, 2010 - 12:21am
4 years 5 weeks ago

A Zanesville family is trying to get back to a regular routine after two rooms in their home suffered major damage from a kitchen fire.

It also caused smoke damage throughout the entire home.

"It puts a lot of things in perspective. You soon realize exactly how much you have, not only material-wise but friends and family, " says homeowner Travis Miller.

Travis and his wife, Sherri, were settling down for the night when the power went out around 8 p.m. Friday.

...
June 5, 2010 - 8:57pm
4 years 5 weeks ago

A Zanesville family is homeless after an early morning fire.

Falls Township Fire Department responded to the incident at 325 Grandview Road.

The Muskingum Valley Red Cross says the fire started in the kitchen, causing the home to suffer major smoke damage.

It is helping the homeowners, Travis and Sherri Miller, pay for food. They will be staying with friends and relatives.

June 5, 2010 - 4:11pm
4 years 5 weeks ago

A Perry County structure is a total loss after an intense fire.

It happened around 2:45 p.m. at 10246 Wesley Chapel Road. Several fire departments say they responded to a building that was fully-engulfed.

"There was no gas or electric. The trailer was used strictly for storage, " says Newton Township Fire Chief, Allen Deaver.

Deaver says no one was present at the time of the fire.

"We can't rule out accidental. It could have been someone goes into the...

May 27, 2010 - 6:43pm
4 years 6 weeks ago

The Madison Township Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 5371 Licking Valley Road around 3:30 this afternoon.

The home is owned by Rhonda Dorsey. Madison Township Fire Chief Darrin Decker says the fire was contained before they got there.

"Upon our arrival, we found light smoke conditions inside the house. Investigations we had a small room and content fire in the back bedroom that did burn itself out prior to our arrival," says Decker.

Fire Chief...

May 25, 2010 - 7:08pm
4 years 6 weeks ago

This holiday weekend marks the unofficial start to summer.

For the State Fire Marshall's Office, it also means dealing with more campfires, outdoor grilling, and fireworks.

19 people died last year and more than 200 were injured in fire-related incidents during the summer months.

So, it's offering some safety tips it hopes the public will recognize: It says the only fireworks that can be bought and used in the state are those that smoke, sparkle, snap, and snake. It says to...

May 24, 2010 - 5:39pm
4 years 7 weeks ago

The cause of a New Lexington fire that killed three individuals early Sunday morning is still not known.

The State Fire Marshall's Office is continuing its collaborative investigation with the New Lexington Police Department.

Spokesman Shane Cartmill says the fire appears to have started on the first floor. Neighbors reported seeing heavy smoke coming from the upstairs area. That's where the bodies of 40-year-old Steven Kern, 36-year-old Kathryn Wright, and 13-year-old Eric...

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: