A former public safety director and police officer for Newark loses his home to a fire Tuesday morning.
According to Fire Chief Tom O'Brien with the Newark Fire Department, Robert White's wife called 911 when she woke to discover flames coming from the back of the home. Crews responded to 2775 James Road within minutes and it took about a half hour to completely put it out. Chief O'Brien says the fire spread to the roof and the house is considered a total loss.
One Zanesville Family is left homeless after an early morning fire.
The Red Cross was dispatched this morning to assist the family living at 3950 Boggs Road in Zanesville.
According to the Muskingum Valley Red Cross, the home suffered water, smoke and minor structural damage. The occupants of the home are Mindi McGlade, her boyfriend Jeremy Miller and three children Mikhaila Digney, Emely Miller, and Even Miller.
The Zanesville Fire Department says a home was heavily damaged in an early morning Tuesday fire.
Investigators say at 1:27 AM a home at 250 Luck Avenue was reported on fire. When crews arrived on the scene it was fully engulfed in flames. The vacant home which is owned by Venzella Norris suffered extensive damage. Assistant Fire Chief Craig Stemm estimates the damage to be around 60 thousand dollars.
A home is completely destroyed after a fire in Licking County earlier Monday evening.
Around 4 PM, The Hanover Fire Department, with six other crews, responded to a fire at 2601 Dragoo Road in Nashport. Assistant Fire Chief David Decker says it started somewhere in the back of the house. He says Hanover was the initial department to respond, but they had to call in mutual aid to assist due to the severity of the fire.
Firefighters are able to save Christmas for a Roseville family, after a fire broke out in their home.
The fire started around 3:45 PM at 195 Main Street. Captain Bryan Stickel of the Roseville Fire Department says the blaze started in the first floor bedroom causing extensive damage. The family, consisting of two adults and one child, was displaced and is being assisted by the Red Cross. No one was home at the time of the fire.
A man is left homeless Monday evening after a fire in Washington Township.
According to Washington Township Fire Chief Gene Hanning, the homeowner came home from work to find house at 3145 Lisa Lane ablaze. Upon arrival Hanning says firefighters found the living room on the second floor was on fire, leaving it heavily damaged and the rest of the house smoky. Hanning says Red Cross assistance wasn't needed, and instead the homeowner will be staying with family.
A home in Coshocton County is destroyed after a fire Friday evening.
According to Dresden Fire Chief Carl Archer the fire broke out around 7 p.m. at 18534 County Road 18. Archer says the home was fully engulfed when they arrived on the scene. No one was home when the fire broke out.
Frazeysburg and Dresden Fire Departments were called to the scene.
They are currently unsure of where in the home the fire started or how. It remains under investigation.