Stories tagged with: Fire

February 8, 2011 - 9:08pm
3 years 23 weeks ago

A candle leaves a Zanesville woman with second and third degree burns. 

"My mom is on fire" is the call that dispatched Zanesville Fire Department to 996 Greenwood Avenue around 7 p.m. on Tuesday night. 

"We had a lady that had a candle lit, burning in her bedroom and accidentally leaned over it with a night gown on and caught her night gown on fire," said Eric Waltemire,  Zanesville Fire Department. 

Firefighters did not have to...

February 8, 2011 - 3:48pm
3 years 22 weeks ago

A Roseville family loses their home to a fire on Tuesday.

Harrison Fire Department was dispatched around 12:30 p.m. to 4000 Leffler Road. Roseville Assistant Fire Chief Albert Laese said due to the weather conditions and roadways, Newtown and Roseville Fire Departments arrived on the scene first.

"It was fully engulfed, flames the entire length of the trailer on our arrival, defensive operations, really no idea what happened we haven't caught up with any family members...

February 8, 2011 - 1:44pm
3 years 23 weeks ago

Fire crews from Harrison Township as well as Roseville and South Zanesville are responding to a structure fire Tuesday afternoon.

The fire was reported at 4000 Leffler Road around 12:30pm at a trailer home. Fire crews on the scene said the home was fully engulfed and everyone was out of the home.

WHIZ-TV crews are responding to the scene. We'll bring you more information as it becomes available.

 

January 26, 2011 - 11:50am
3 years 25 weeks ago

Firefighters from several departments are responding to the scene of a structure fire on Blackrun Road in Nashport.

Initial reports indicate the fire which broke out around 10:40 a.m.at 8970 Blackrun Road started in the basement area and has spread to the first floor of the home.

The Frazeysburg  Fire Department is on the scene with mutual aid from Falls Township and Licking Township.

We will bring you more information as it becomes available.

January 25, 2011 - 8:15pm
3 years 25 weeks ago

A former public safety director and police officer for Newark loses his home to a fire Tuesday morning.

According to Fire Chief Tom O'Brien with the Newark Fire Department, Robert White's wife called 911 when she woke to discover flames coming from the back of the home. Crews responded to 2775 James Road within minutes and it took about a half hour to completely put it out. Chief O'Brien says the fire spread to the roof and the house is considered a total loss.

White was not home...

January 11, 2011 - 10:46am
3 years 27 weeks ago

An early morning fire forced two people from their home in Muskingum County.
 

Newton Township Fire Chief Allen Deaver says the fire broke out around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday at 3030 Thompson Run Road.
 

He says when firefighters from his department and South Zanesville arrived on the scene they found heavy fire in the living room.
 

Paul Greiner and Christina Havens were alerted to the fire by smoke detectors and got out of the home safely.
...

January 9, 2011 - 3:38pm
3 years 28 weeks ago

The Zanesville Fire Department was dispatched at 8:59 p.m. Saturday night to a reported house fire at 913 Nancy Avenue in Zanesville.

Assistant Chief Bruce Burley says the fire started in the bathroom and no one was home at the time of the incident.

Burley says 17 people were on the scene and the blaze was cleared by 10:55 p.m.

According to The Red Cross,  Jasmin O'Neal and her four children are homeless. The Red Cross is helping the family with funding for...

January 8, 2011 - 3:01pm
3 years 28 weeks ago

One Zanesville Family is left homeless after an early morning fire.

The Red Cross was dispatched this morning to assist the family living at 3950 Boggs Road in Zanesville.

According to the Muskingum Valley Red Cross, the home suffered water, smoke and minor structural damage.  The occupants of the home are Mindi McGlade, her boyfriend Jeremy Miller and three children Mikhaila Digney, Emely Miller, and Even Miller. 

The Red Cross is assisting the...

December 28, 2010 - 5:50am
3 years 29 weeks ago

The Zanesville Fire Department says a home was heavily damaged in an early morning Tuesday fire.

Investigators say at 1:27 AM a home at 250 Luck Avenue was reported on fire. When crews arrived on the scene it was fully engulfed in flames. The vacant home which is owned by Venzella Norris suffered extensive damage.  Assistant Fire Chief Craig Stemm estimates the damage to be around 60 thousand dollars.

The cause remains under investigation.

December 27, 2010 - 11:03pm
3 years 30 weeks ago

A home is completely destroyed after a fire in Licking County earlier Monday evening.

Around 4 PM, The Hanover Fire Department, with six other crews, responded to a fire at 2601 Dragoo Road in Nashport.  Assistant Fire Chief David Decker says it started somewhere in the back of the house.  He says Hanover was the initial department to respond, but they had to call in mutual aid to assist due to the severity of the fire.

"I would say at this point nearly a total...

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: