Stories tagged with: Smoke

June 27, 2013 - 5:57pm
1 year 9 weeks ago

The South Zanesville Fire Department responded to a house fire at 2058 Chewelah Ave. in the area of Dearborn Street around 2:15 p.m. Thursday afternoon. The two occupants of the house were inside when the fire started.

"I was in the kitchen doing dishes. My husband's in the living room sleeping and I head something 'pop.' I thought something might have fell and broke. And I went around the house to see if I can find what's going on and I couldn't find nothing and all of a sudden...

March 15, 2010 - 5:26pm
4 years 24 weeks ago


Goodwill Industries International Incorporated in Zanesville is functioning normally after quite a scare this afternoon.

The Zanesville Fire Department says it received a report of smoke inside the building around 1:30 p.m. but when crews arrived, they say they didn't see a fire.

"We got here and found it was an overheated light, a fluorescent light. There was no fire, no damage, and no injuries, " says Assistant Fire Chief, Bruce Burley.

Customers and...

For the best experience, use one of the following browsers:      Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Apple Safari
Follow Us:  WHIZ-TV      Z92 Morning Rush      AM1240      @WHIZnewscom      @WHIZweather      @Z92MorningRush
Share: