Fire Accidental at Attorney’s Home

by Kelly Mills on July 30, 2009 at 9:44 am

Zanesville fire officials say they know what caused a fire last week at an area attorney’s home.

Investigators say the fire that tore through Attorney Brent Stubbins home at 728 Convers Avenue July 23 was caused by a computer.

“Our investigation indicated that the fire started in some computer equipment in the basement area,”says Fire Chief Dave Lacy. “The fire had originated in the basement and then spread upward through some stud spaces and things and reached the second floor portion of the dwelling.”

Firefighters extinguished the blaze quickly, but it’s still estimated to have done more than $100,000 in damage.

“Obviously we had some fire damage in the basement which did extend up through some interior walls and we had heat and smoke damage throughout the entire dwelling,” he says.

No one was at home at the time of the fire.