Electrical Problem Catches Home on Fire

by Audry Kensicki on September 21, 2009


An electrical problem causes a muskingum county home to catch fire.

It happened at about 1 p-m this afternoon on black road.

National trail fire officials say no one was at home at the time of the fire.

The home, which was a rental, caught fire in one of the bed rooms near a tanning bed. Officials say although there was a lot of smoke, they were able to contain it to the one room. The damage is estimated to be at about five thousand dollars.

Both national trail and newton township fire departments responded to the fire.