The Muskingum County Commissioners are taking bids Thursday for the Licking Road and South Pleasant Grove Road waterline project.
Commissioner Bates alone, took the opening bids from seven companies. The bids ranged from $169,938.20 to $222,053.22. Bates says the county will be paying for the waterline that will service between 30 and 50 homes. It is now the responsibility of the County Engineer to make a recommendation.
"I would say within about a week he will have the recommendation and review all the bids here and stuff today and go through them and make sure the bid packet and make sure everybody is on the up and up," says Bates.
A complete list of the bids is below:
- Neff Paving- $222,053.22
- MJ Excavating Services, LTD- $169.938.20
- Deer Creek Excavating- $193,971.99
- Nicolozakes Trucking & Construction Inc.- $198,749.69
- L.E. King & Son Inc.- $179,170.60
- Lexco Site Services Inc.- $186,147.00
- Zemba Bros Inc.- $179,860.00