Fire Causes Significant Damage to Garage

by Emily Baird on December 22, 2009

The Newton Township Fire Department is ruling a Zanesville fire accidental.

It happened around 7:30 p.m. at 3060 Stine Road.

Lt. Jeremy Yarger says the homeowner was welding in the garage and some of the sparks caught the insulation on fire.

Yarger says area fire departments were able to put out the fire fairly quickly but the blaze still cased significant damage to the garage.

The fire did not spread to the home.