Granville Fire Destroys Garage

by Emily Baird on December 27, 2009 at 4:58 am

A garage in Granville is a total loss after a fire.

It happened just before noon at 324 East Main Street.

Granville Fire Department Lieutenant Casey Curtis says when crews arrived, the structure was fully engulfed but he says crews were able to keep the fire from spreading to two adjacent buildings.

The building is deemed a total loss, but Curtis says the renter of the home was able to salvage two cars before the fire escalated.

The cause of the fire is being ruled accidental. Curtis says the renter put ashes from an outside fire in one of the trash cans in the garage, which caught fire.