Explosion in Crooksville Basement

by Kelly Mills on January 13, 2010 at 11:48 am

An explosion Tuesday afternoon in Crooksville severely damages a home.

Fire crews were called to 2029 Tatmans Road around 4 o’clock.

"Upon arrival we did have smoke showing coming out of the house. Upon arrival we found out there was an explosion out of the basement," says Ralph Hill, asst. Crooksville Fire Chief.

Hill says the explosion is believed to be caused by propane used for heat.

The Muskingum Valley Red Cross says 66-year-old Barbara Miller and her daughter Kimberly Thompson, along with Kimberly’s two teen daughters Jessica and Tabitha were living in the home. The Red Cross will assist the family with money to go shopping for food. They will be staying with friends and relatives.