OU Student Has Probable Case of Bacterial Meningitis

by Emily Baird on February 9, 2010 at 5:41 am

Ohio University says one of its students may have a case of bacterial meningitis.

A press release indicates the student is a sophomore who lives in one of the residential dorms. The student was admitted to a Columbus hospital Sunday. The Assistant Dean of Students says she has been in contact with the young man and says he is all right.

Bacterial meningitis is a serious illness that could lead to death if not treated.

The university wants to assure students and parents that it has thoroughly cleared the residence hall where the young man was living.