Early Morning Fire in Frazeysburg

by Emily Baird on March 7, 2010 at 7:05 am

A local family of five is homeless after an early morning fire.

Frazeysburg Fire Chief, Dave Smith, says his department responded to 28 East 5th Street and found the home fully engulfed.

He says the fire started in the basement and spread through the first and second stories of the home.

It’s considered a total loss, and the Muskingum Valley Red Cross is providing aide to Gene and Tammy Smith and their three children, ages 17, 12, and 10.

The cause of the fire is being deemed accidental. Fire Chief Smith says his department found the source of the blaze, which was electrical in nature.