House Fire on Ohio Street

House Fire on Ohio Street

by Ashley Drane on March 19, 2010

Zanesville Fire Officials say a pan left on a stove is to blame for a house fire on Ohio Street Friday.

Fire Chief Dave Lacy says the fire happened just before 11:30 a.m. 

Lacy says it took crews about 15 minutes to put the fire out.

He says the two adults and six children living in the home were not there when the fire broke out.

Chief Lacy says the Muskingum Valley Red Cross is assisting the family.

He estimates the damage amount to be around $45,000.