Zanesville Fire Causes Major Damage

by Emily Baird on May 8, 2010 at 8:51 am

A Zanesville family home suffers major damage after a fire.

It happened around 4:15 p.m. at 4025 Edward Road.

Washington Township Fire Chief Gene Hanning says the homeowner’s daughter was home at the time of the fire and escaped unharmed with two children. There were also a few pets inside.

Hanning says he believes it was a cooking fire that started in the kitchen and spread to several other rooms inside the home.

The Muskingum Valley Red Cross is assisting Barbara Brewer and her daughter-Amanda Duncan-who both live at the home, with temporary shelter, food, and clothing.