Crooksville Fire Damages Home

Crooksville Fire Damages Home

by Brittany Harris on July 25, 2010

A fire broke out Friday morning at 120 N. State Street in Crooksville.

911 dispatched The Crooksville Fire Department to the scene where they were able to put the flames out within fifteen minutes.

According to fire officials, the fire began around the stove and spread from the kitchen all the way up to the second floor.

Due to a shortage on water, additional crews were brought in for back up.

"We had extra tankers come in, we had a water break in town last night, and were low on water," said Batallion Chief, Dyrall Newman.

With temperatures nearing the mid 90s outside, the fireman are taking extra measures to stay safe by having their blood pressure checked and staying hydrated.

"Normally we’ll let them take two air bottles, but today were letting them do one," said Newman.

The family was able to escape the fire safely. Newman said no smoke detectors were going off when they arrived on the scene.