Fire Damages Claysville Home

Fire Damages Claysville Home

by Emily Baird on July 18, 2010

A Guernsey County home is damaged after crews say an electrical wire shorted out.

It happened around 3:30 p.m. at 57548 Cambridge Street in Claysville.

The wiring caught the baseboards on fire, causing visible exterior damage to the right side of the home and smoke damage to the interior.

Firefighter Matt Hamsher says if the family hadn’t seen the smoke when they did, it could have caught the entire home on fire. No one was injured in the incident.

Several local fire departments also responded to the scene.