Fire Destroys Apartment

Fire Destroys Apartment

by Kelly Mills on November 5, 2010

A Zanesville family is homeless following an afternoon fire at an apartment complex.

It happened around 4:45, at 1112 Ridge Avenue just behind the Barnett’s Fellowship Thrift Store. According to Zanesville Assistant Fire Chief Dave Huey the fire appears to have began in the kitchen area of apartment number five.

Huey says the apartment and its contents were destroyed. The homeowners were not home when the fire broke out.

Other apartments do not appear to have damage at this time, but the situation is still being assessed. The Red Cross has been called in to assist those affected.