Fox Avenue House Fire
Nichole Hannahs

Fox Avenue House Fire

by Nichole Hannahs on November 12, 2010

A working smoke detector saves a Zanesville man from a fire at his home.

Fire Chief Dave Lacy said the fire broke out around 8:45 Friday morning at 134 Fox Avenue. Smoke could be seen from the fire house on 4th Street.

When firefighters arrived they found a working fire in the back of the structure.

Chief Lacy said one occupant of the home was awakened by a smoke detector and was transported to Genesis Good Samaritan Hospital for smoke inhalation and burns.

Lacy said the rear of the home suffered moderate damage and one room suffered sever damage. Though the fire is still under investigation they believe it to be accidental and they should know more later in the day Friday.