House Fire Injures Two

by Kim Tewalt on September 1, 2011 at 5:19 am

A Zanesville firefighter, along with the owner of the home, were taken to the hospital after a fire broke out at 770 Findley Avenue in Zanesville.

It happened just before 2:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon. Zanesville Fire Chief Craig Stemm says it started in the upstairs bedroom. By the time the fire department got there, the flames had a pretty good start. Not only did the firefighters have to battle the blaze, they also had to battle the heat.

"One of our guys got overheated, and we sent him to the hospital." said Stemm. "We just had a couple of other guy checked out for being overheated."

The owner of the home was able to safely get out, along with six of his dogs, but was later transported to the hospital for precautionary reasons. Chief Stemm says Community Ambulance play a key role on a day like today.

"They just monitor our vitals and everything, if we get somebody who is sick or overheated, they take care of them, transport them to the hospital" said Stemm.

Stemm says the home suffered significant damage to the upstairs bedroom. The cause of the fire remains under investigation