An Otsego trailer was destroyed Wednesday afternoon following a fire.
It happened just before 4:30 p.m. at 778 Welker Street. Adamsville Community Fire Chief Dave Wortman says the fire is believed to have started in the kitchen.
"We got a call that it was a vacant home, which it was, it’s a rental property, there are no contents inside." said Chief Wortman.
Wortman says they were able to extinguish the flames in about ten minutes, but he is considering the home a total loss.
"Electric was on, so there was power to the place. It was just recently rented out, so the people had just moved out, so at this time it’s just under investigation, and we’re not going to call it suspicious at this time." he said.
Lori and Jerry Brown are the owners of the mobile home, and have had the property for 8-10 years. They did have insurance on the trailer, and say they had someone coming to look at the place later Wednesday evening. They say they are thankful the fire happened before anyone moved in.