Military Road Fire Due to Electrical Wiring

by Danielle Cotterman on December 11, 2011 at 7:09 am

The cause of a Saturday afternoon house fire is being blamed on electrical wiring.

Falls Township Fire Chief JD Johnson said the fire started in the basement of the 510 Military Road home shortly after 4:30pm. The fire then extended to the master bedroom where he said a number of Christmas gifts may have been destroyed.

Johnson estimates the damage to be between $25,000 to $30,000.

The family was home at the time but no injuries occurred.