Zanesville City Hall Evacuated After Gas Smell

Zanesville City Hall Evacuated After Gas Smell

by WHIZ Reporter on February 27, 2012

Zanesville City Hall was evacuated briefly around noon, after a report of a natural gas smell.  City employees waited outside while the Zanesville Fire Department investigated.  Market Street between 4th and 5th Street was shut down while fire crews investigated.  Zanesville City Treasurer Paul DuBeck said that two nearby banks were evacuated as well.  Kevin Thomas of the Zanesville Fire Department said that the gas smell was nothing of concern, and that it posed no threat.  Family Health Services closed as a result of the gas smell. City officials and employees were given the all clear to return to work around 12:30 p.m.