George Hiotis

Adair Avenue Fire Update

by George Hiotis on January 3, 2013 at 12:55 pm

The Zanesville Fire Department says a homeless person who lit a fire to stay warm may be the cause of a house fire.  Chief Kevin Thomas says it happened Wednesday night just after 8:30 at 462 Adair Avenue. Chief Thomas says an out of town company owns the home which has been vacant for a few years.  It was bought at a Sheriff’s sale in 2012.  The Chief says the home suffered quite a bit of damage and is in bad shape, but structurally sound.  The case will be turned over to Zanesville City Code Enforcement and they will try to contact the owners.  No injuries were reported.