George Hiotis

New Concord Fire Update

by George Hiotis on April 16, 2013 at 7:35 am

The New Concord Fire Department reports that a fire destroyed a mobile home Monday evening. Chief Brent Gates says it happened around 7:30 at 1492 Tedrick Road. When crews arrived on the scene the mobile home was full of smoke. Chief Gates says a grease fire on the stove started the ceiling on fire and destroyed the home. The Muskingum Valley Red Cross says living in the home were Tara Casey, Nate Settle and three children. The Red Cross is helping the family with funds to buy clothes and food. They will be staying with family. No injuries were reported.