Bishop Fenwick Family Yard Sale

by Courtney Wheaton on July 18, 2013 at 6:49 am

A local school is throwing a community event in order to offset the cost of tuition for their students.

This is the sixth year for the Bishop Fenwick Family Yard Sale, and although they had to move their June event to July this year there was no shortage of items or participation.

"This year we have 55 families participating and we have a variety of items. We have a lot of furniture.We have clothing, toys, educational toys and household items," said Co-Chair of the event, Kelly Taylor.

The yard sale started on Thursday and runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. At the last day of the event shoppers will notice more savings.

"On Saturday we have half off day, which is half off of most items that have a star in the lower left corner of the tickets those items will be half off, " said Taylor.

Taylor says 20 percent of the proceeds goes towards providing assistance to families who need financial aid and the other 80 percent of the money goes back to the sellers. Taylor says that this event teaches the children at Bishop Fenwick the importance of giving back to their community.