Roseville Fire Department’s Second Assistant Fire Chief, Albert Laece says the fire started right around 9 a.m. on Cannelville Road, and when crews arrived, the barn was fully engulfed in flames.
"It appears the owner was working with a saw and somehow there were sparks inside," said Laece. "It sounds like a very accidental."
Laece says there were no injuries and there wasn’t much inside, but the 104-year-old barn is destroyed.
"In a way, it was somewhat controlled after about 45 minutes but we had to get a backhoe to pull it apart. The township sent a backhoe down so we could pull it apart. "
Crews from Crooksville, Harrison, Newton Fire and tankers from Wayne and South Zanesville assisted. Laece says there are no hydrants in the area so they had to haul water back and forth from Roseville to put the blaze out.