The Muskingum County Recreation Center plans to get you moving at their ribbon cutting on Monday.
While the official ribbon cutting for the facility on the Ohio University-Zanesville Campus will take place at 5:15, prior to and after they invite you to try out the new facility.
Wear your workout attire to take part in Zumba, maybe do some stretching at pilates, join a water aerobics demonstration and end the evening with a family swim.
"We wanted to schedule activites to bring the public in to see the facility," said Executive Director Beth Chapman. "A lot of people don’t know where it’s located and have not been here, so we wanted to open up the facility for the community to try various aspects."
Chapman said since the facility opened at the end of March it’s been well received. She said the best part for her, besides the addition of the pool, is positvely affecting someone’s life.
"People have different levels of wellness. So, being able to move someone from maybe a lesser mobility to being more active is a small step in the scheme of things, but it’s a huge step for that individual. It’s one that we’re very well able to help them make to improve their health," explained Chapman.
The schedule of events on June 2 include:
- 4:30-4:45-Kick off Celebration with Zumba and Zumba Kids in Littick Hall
- 4:45-5:00pm-Sculpt and Strength in Littick Hall
- 5:00-5:10-Pilates Stretch in Littick Hall
- 5:15-Ribbon Cutting
- 6:00-6:30-Pound/Zumba in the Gymnasium
- 6:30-7:00pm-The Performance Zone Training in the gymnasium
- 7-7:30- BARRE Class in Studio 3
- 7:30-8- Cycling Room Trial cycling classes
- 7-7:30-Aqua Zumba, Water Aerobics, Aqua Bootcamp
- 7pm-Discover Scuba
- 7:30-8:30-Family Swim