***Update*** The scene is now clear and the police department has reopened Hedgewood Avenue — no injuries were reported.***
The Zanesville Fire Department is dealing with a natural gas leak Tuesday evening. A home at 463 Hedgewood Avenue has filled with natural gas and the occupants of the home and two other residences have been evacuated as a precaution. The Muskingum County Emergency Management Agency and Columbia Gas have also been called to the scene of the leak The fire department has closed Hedgewood Avenue and nearby alleys to traffic until the issue is resolved.